Sometimes it is the short one liners that stick in your mind and stay with you throughout your career. Here are some good ones that I have come across recently:
- Update your CV on your happiest days (full post)
- Plan for job obsolescence every 18 months (full post)
- You don’t have to do everything (full post)
- Are you following your own advice? (full post)
- Remember, as a manager people take their cues from you. […] You need to ensure that you reflect back to the team the characteristics and attitude that you want from them.” (full post)
- Be yourself and you will be happy” (full post)
It’s interesting that whilst all these quotes come from diverse sites they nearly all relate back to job satisfaction. If you enjoy your job then your positivity will be reflected in your work.
Which leads neatly into my final quote: “The best career advice to give to the young is ‘Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.’” K. Whitehorn
Somewhat easier said than done perhaps!